[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15604 by cpinkham

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Jan 28 01:36:40 UTC 2008

On 27-Jan-08, at 7:50 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> * On Sun Jan 27, 2008 at 08:36:54PM +0000, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>> Would it make sense to add a storage group type field now.
>> I can think of a few types already.
>
> I believe that the mods being worked on to create MythVideo Storage
> Groups will have some type of type field added to signify that these
> are MythVideo groups.  That field should allow these other types as
> well.  These should probably be enums in storagegroup.h.

I haven't added such a field. The first paragraph in your post here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/307961#307961

sounded like there was no need for the field although I agree that
it's good idea.

Anyway it wouldn't be a single field but rather a new table to keep
things normalized. You wouldn't want a group to be marked as archive
on one host and recordings on another or even different dirs in the
same group to have conflicting settings.

A whole table just for one column seems like overkill but no doubt
other uses would surface before too long.

- George