[mythtv] mysql 5 bug affecting mythtv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 27 05:34:44 UTC 2008

On 01/26/2008 08:55 PM, Rob Smith wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2008 4:47 PM, David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> has anybody else run into this problem?
>>
> From the depths of my memory, I seem to recall an issue with the
> upgrade from 4 to 5 where the index definition can get corrupted and
> the only way to fix it is to remove the indexes and recreate them.
> That said, this might not help at all, but it's the first thing I'd
> recommend trying.

OP, did you upgrade MySQL using
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.5 (recommended
approach) or by just copying (leaving?) the binary database files into
place?  I've seen binary-file-upgrades corrupt the DB (possibly index or
whatever).

If you don't have a way to go back to upgrade with a backup, I recommend
using http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc23.7 to clean up your DB.

Mike