[mythtv] mysql 5 bug affecting mythtv

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 00:47:33 UTC 2008

has anybody else run into this problem?

I, along with probably a lot of other people on this list, are running
MySQL 5 with Myth without incident.

Out of curiousity, are you using MyISAM or InnoDB as the engine for
your myth tables?

I had problems with MyISAM tables getting corrupted, which I would
later fix with myisamchk.
Since ALTER-ing all my myth tables to InnoDB

1) I haven't had the corruption problems
2) Database intensive operations, like scrolling the program guide as
fast as the keyboard will let me are dramatically faster

Chances are your bug hasn't been fixed because people have had trouble
reproducing it, therefore it might not be a problem with MySQL, but
rather your particular tables running inside MySQL.