[mythtv] DVB radio stutters on playback

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Jan 24 22:52:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 17:29 -0500, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> > Which is why MythTV can't pick up the
> > scheduling data, and can't pick up the channel names when scanning
> > a "QAM-256" Cable network. The info is all on the TDMA channel
> > which the hardware can't demodulate for us.+
>
> Actually, mythtv CAN get the channel names from scanning...at least it
> can for the HD homerun. It just seems to be very flaky in doing so
> (doesn't work most of the time for me, but it does now and then). On
> the other hand, the hdhomerun_config utility picks them up very
> reliably.

Yes, 'all on the TDMA channel' is an exaggeration. We also can also
get if from VBI, and sometimes it is in-band. But it isn't nearly
as reliable as ATSC PSIP tables. We don't even try to use the VBI
data during channel scanning, but the frontend channel editor uses
it to 'guess' which channel you are watching.

-- Daniel