[mythtv] Web streaming video player module

hendrixski hendrixski at storsint.com
Wed Jan 23 03:28:54 UTC 2008

> I just feel that it's best for the company /and/ for "open source" in
> general (due to the PR, so to speak) if the company is aware of just how
> easy it will be to circumvent any protections they may apply on the
> client side; and with the ability to record, server-side protections can ...

Just to clarify what I said... I didn't imply that it would not be easy
to circumvent, because it would be.  Just that the average person is too
lazy to do things that are easy, and is petrified of doing anything
remotely nerdy.  Certainly nobody on this list, but there would be no
shortage of people who would get these kinds of plugins with Ubuntu and
go "ooh, look, a shiny new mythtv package from Canada!  mmm, I like
maple syrup I think I'll install it." and never bother finding out that
there even is a commercial-free mod out there.  But the advertising
probably isn't targeted at those of us who would bother to circumvent
it, so they wouldn't miss us, and at least would save money by not
fooling themselves into using DRM.

Hope that's not too politically incorrect but I do hope it's
encouraging. :-D

 - Hendrixski

P.S. I am an Ubuntu user living within viewing distance of Toronto... on
a clear day.