[mythtv] Channel scanner doesn't always detect callsigns and sometimes misses channels

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Jan 21 17:28:58 UTC 2008

> 20 seconds is hardly ridiculous. Some of the DVB tables are only
> broadcast every 30 seconds. ATSC would be similar.

However,
1) when I do a scan with hdhomerun_config, it routinely finds the
channel info within a couple of seconds of scanning the channel.
2) In playing around with things yesterday, I noticed that if I tell
it to explicitly rescan an existing transport, then it ends up finding
the channel info (numbers and callsigns) within a few seconds.
However, doing a full scan it doesn't find any of the info, just gets
the 93#1 format.
3) If it really does take that long to get the table, then the channel
scanner code should have some way to deal with that, rather than
making you exit out and manually change the cards timeout to 30
seconds, then go back in and rescan...especially since there is no
indication for anyone not intimately familiar with the broadcasted
data format that such a thing would be necessary.

--
Ron