[mythtv] Status Question: Is current SVN useable?

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Sun Jan 20 20:32:57 UTC 2008

> He likely won't toot his own horn, but you do know that this is the
> guy who released the first opensource hacking of the Rio Receivers (In
> fact I can't see his name without thinking of them) and started an
> entire community around open source network audio device development,
> right?  He's not a random user who's never done anything for "open
> source."

Hehe, I'm taken a bit back, thanks for remembering :)  I'm actually not
the first, technically, Jeff Mock laid the original foundations for the
work I did.

Wow, people sure did get defensive after my post.  I didn't mean it as a
threat, as I really don't see why anyone would care if I use one program
or another.  I actually sent that post with a bit of a broken heart as
I've been such an avid fan of MythTV, and /did/ sumbit a bug fix now and
again /years/ ago when it was a lot more buggy and unstable of a system.
But I am at a personal crossroadds and wanted advise in helping make a
decision as I've not followed the lists closely for ages and wanted to
see why the normal stream of newer versions stopped, and what expect
down the pipeline.  I did skim the last large number of posts, and found
nothing that stood out, so I posted.

And I did get a couple people saying that SVN was working reasonably
well, and to give it a shot, so I will.  My hessitation in not just
trying it out is that the newer versions made DB changes which are a bit
of a pain to undo, making it a bit harder to roll back to a previous
version.

Thanks,
-Reza