[mythtv] MythRecipe resurrection

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Jan 18 08:32:45 UTC 2008

> On Jan 17, 2008 9:41 PM, Kevin Wambsganz <wambs at verizon.net> wrote:
>> So, given that it may be a month or so, till the Mythui is ready for the
>> plugins stuff, I'll go ahead and do the web based interface for
>> MyhthRecipe
>> first.
>>
>> The first web page is the most difficult, of course, I have to learn
>> both
>> PHP and the structure of the existing mythweb stuff. So far, I can
>> almost
>> add a new recipe via the web page.
>>

>> Stay tune.....
>>
>> Kevin
>
> I woulnd't really recommend doing that until you have the database
> design worked out and getting the features you want to add planned.
>
> The database is the big part, as it really should be normalized
> correctly as well as planned rather then grown.
>
> Features also determine the database layout. Features such as indexing
> the ingredients vs just having them plain text, etc.
>
> ~Rob

That triggers a thought - ingredients in the database.

Many times I look at what I have in the pantry and try and make something
interesting from it rather than start from a recipe and then see if I have
all that it requires.

A facility whereby I can say I have eggs, milk, flour, mixed herbs and
cheese and am looking for a light snack, and up pops recipes for
omelettes,  savoury pancakes or flavoured Yorkshire Pudding  would really
be a boon...

--
Robin Gilks