[mythtv] RFC: Alerting in Myth

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Jan 16 23:47:16 UTC 2008

>>     replace the <clock> with a <notify> widget.
>>     If there are no alerts, it would display the time.
>>     If there are alerts, it could swap/animate/roll between
>>     the time and "2 items require attention"
>
> Not in favour of this personally.

Fair enough.

1) What about a textarea widget at the
same location (i.e. on top of) the clock.

No alerts? Transparent, so can see the time.

Alerts? Text rendered with a solid background,
only see the alert text, and not the clock under.

2) If that is too tacky, maybe a textarea
with a scrolling attribute, and a value of
%DATE %TIME    %ALERT-COUNT-STRING

Of course, most themes have room for both
on the menu pages - it is only the *-ui pages
that might need something combined.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Now the world has gone to bed.
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | Darkness won't engulf my head.