[mythtv] Multiproto API - Multiple Inputs?

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Mon Jan 14 23:56:47 UTC 2008

On Monday 31 December 2007 16:00:43 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 11:51 +0100, Daniel Kleine-Albers wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out how to get MythTV working with the
> > Multiproto API (http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto). The good news is -
> > it's already working with a Pinnacle PCTV USB HDTV 452e if I only
> > use the DVB-S part of it. My question is: From the mythtv point of
> > view would a multiproto card (regardless of what DVB API it uses)
> > be represented by having multiple inputs (e.g. one for DVB-S and
> > one for DVB-S2) or would this be done differently?
>
> Multiple inputs on one card if all the streams from the cards are
> MPEG-2, MPEG-4, or MPEG-4 AVC. (i.e. if they are all DVB-X and there
> are no analog inputs.)

It seems to be the best solution even if it multiplies the number of
inputs for DVB DiSEqC setups.
It's the simpliest way of ensuring that mixed DVB-S and DVB-S2 setups
work.

It needs some work of ensuring that we insert only channels with right
delivery system since we will see satellites with both S and S2
transponders in the NIT.
This will also fix the problems we have with small DVB-C networks in
europe which do not rewrite the NIT.

Janne