[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 08:59:53 UTC 2008

On 11/01/2008, Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 14:48 -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
<snip>
> > I took his comment to mean "leave the SG code as is, don't modify it to
> > support subdirectories, instead just create a special 'Thumbnails' SG that
> > points to the subdirectory."  So, pretty much like the special 'LiveTV'
> > Storage Group except this one is for all thumbnails.
>
> ie. duplicating code
> rarely a good idea from a maintenance perspective

AIUI, it would not result in duplication. I have not reviewed the code
base but I believe if there is a specially named storage group like
"LiveTV" then that will be the destination for LIveTV recordings.

What was proposed is the same for Thumbnails, a magic name for a
storage group whereby if it is defined then thumbnails end up there.

Cheers,

Roo.

PS: Chris is the guy that wrote, committed and maintains the storage
group code IIRC.