[mythtv] Mythweather proposed patch - StuartM

Bill level42 at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 11 04:41:01 UTC 2008

Stuart,
I have a proposed patch for mythweather that moves adding units for
temperature and wind to one function, which then I use universally in the
three defined weather screens (3day, 6day, current) and also for default
routine prepareDataItem.  In my theme I've defined a single page that
includes both current conditions and the three day forecast.  With the
current code, the units are only shown for the current condition data if I
call my container "Current Conditions".  With the patch the units are also
shown for the 3 day forecast data items.  Also I note that in your
metallurgy theme no units are shown for the 18 day forecast; this patch
would change this.

Anyway, the reason I am posting here is for feedback first, I don't want to
raise a ticket if you have other intentions.  In particular could it be that
commit 15097 (weather-screens.xml) is leading that direction??

The patch is attached.  If this patch is useful, I can either submit it as a
ticket, or re-work it along the lines of your plans.

Thank you.