[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Fri Jan 11 04:32:34 UTC 2008

On Friday 11 January 2008 05:48, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Thu Jan 10, 2008 at 07:54:18AM +0000, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > > I'd be inclined to leave the SG code as is, and implement a SG
> > > for the thumbnails.
> >
> > would it not make sense to have one generic SG code base and re-use it
> > for different media files?
>
> I took his comment to mean "leave the SG code as is, don't modify it to
> support subdirectories, instead just create a special 'Thumbnails' SG that
> points to the subdirectory."  So, pretty much like the special 'LiveTV'
> Storage Group except this one is for all thumbnails.

I don't mind which way this goes except its easier for me and new users if
there is a requirement for only ONE SG.  Having only one nfs mount on each
machine for the one SG which provides the recordings, recordings thumbnails,
channel icons, video files and video thumbnails.  There shouldn't be a name
clash with them all in the same directory.

Couldn't the SG for thumbnails be made optional.

Thanks,
Paul