[mythtv] Freelance project for MythVideo or mplayer - Easy DVD ISO playback

hendrixski hendrixski at storsint.com
Thu Jan 10 20:47:20 UTC 2008

Nick Gray wrote:
> I have about 20 to 60 hours of contract work available to any MythTV
> dev or hacker. Prefer previous freelance and/or community experience.
>
> Short Project Description: Easy ISO player with customized on-screen
> DVD menus. Rip backups and play DVD ISO files from disk using a simple
> mouse-based GUI.
>  * I am not sure if this should be done with MythTV/MythVideo, or if
> everything could be done in mplayer.
>
> Email me for a 7-page PDF spec with sample screen shots and requirements.
>
> Nick Gray
>  ~ http://nickgray.net/

Nick,

Have you gotten the position filled yet?  If not, I may be interested,
though I'm still somewhat new to coding for mythtv myself.  Is this
something you want done for yourself, or part of something large and
interesting?

--
 - Hendrixski

How to ask questions:
 * Do your homework: google it, search archives from lists and forums
 * Ask on the appropriate list or forum using a meaningful header
 * Be precise, impersonal, to the point, state your goal, and say "please" and "thank you"

How to answer questions:
 * Verify what they're asking about, turn bad questions into good ones
 * Give information, ask if it answers their question.  Rinse & Repeat
 * Not all manuals are created equal! link to your favorite one and say "Read This Fine Manual"