[mythtv] Jackd output: resampler not working

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Jan 8 21:36:43 UTC 2008

> I'm running Fedora 7, with mythtv-0.20.2-168.fc7 installed. I'd like
> to use jackd as an audio output. So I set the Audio output device in
> General Settings to "JACK:". Everything works fine if the jack server
> is running at the same sample rate as the audio content. If they are
> different, I get the following problem:
>
> 2007-11-04 16:16:24.821 AO, ERROR: Error occured while resampling
> audio: Input and output data arrays overlap.

I am the author of the jack code - it's working fine here at various
sample rates (I use jack at 44K and my tv output is 48K)

I would need to take a peek at the code to see where that error message
is actually coming from - it's not an error that I recognise. Perhaps
grep the code for that error a bit and at least the location will tell
us something

I don't have any time for the next two weeks (trade show), but if you
ping me again after that I will look into it

I have just re-written the jack output code for Xine and it's quite
decent now.  It's on my todo list to rewrite the Myth jack layer and get
rid of the bio2jack stuff.  It's going to mean simplifying quite a lot
of the locking in the general audio output layer though (although this
should be good for everyone)

As an aside though I would quite like to try and figure out how to get
Jack running at the correct output speed automatically - I have been
playing with the auto start stuff in conjunction, but it's not
straightforward

Ed W