[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Jan 6 23:26:43 UTC 2008

On 6-Jan-08, at 3:31 PM, George Nassas wrote:

> I'll add storagegroup.h to the list of headers installed to
> {prefix}/include/mythtv/libmythtv.

This seems to have opened up a can of worms dependancy-wise.
Storagegroup.h pulls in "libmyth/settings.h" and "libmyth/
mythwidgets.h" which are found under /usr/include/mythtv for plugins.

I can fix this by creating duplicates of settings.h and mythwidgets.h
under /usr/include/mythtv/libmyth and also adding -I /usr/include/
mythtv to the plugins' compiler settings but having two copies of
headers is stinky.

Is there a particular approach to resolving these sort of conflicts
or should I move settings and widgets.h to a new /usr/include/mythtv/
libmyth directory and deal with the fallout in the plugins? It sounds
like there's going to have to be a preparatory patch to make storage
groups ready for use by plugins.

- George