[mythtv] Shouldn't MythTV disable the tuner between switching inputs?

Cal cal at graggrag.com
Sun Jan 6 16:49:58 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> In other words, it sounds like the OP needs to set up a video source
> (i.e. "External", grabber set to "No grabber") with one channel (i.e.
> channel 999, callsign "EXT", channel change script /bin/true) and
> connect it to the "a/v connectors" (Composite/S-Video? inputs) and /let
> Myth manage changing inputs for him/ rather than doing it manually
> through the command line without Myth's permission.

I don't see where the OP indicates any attempt to manually switch inputs
without myth's permission. I have the precise setup you've described, and
myth is simply unable to switch inputs as it should. On my system, the
PVR150 comes up as the card of choice when you enter Live TV, and (logically)
displays the tv input. Pressing 'c' at this point brings up the bottom of
screen channel selection display, but there's no way it'll switch inputs.

It really isn't just a usage problem.

Cheers.