[mythtv] uPnP media server live dvb streaming

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jan 4 00:25:55 UTC 2008

On Jan 3, 2008, at 4:17 PM, Alan Jones wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking to get mythtv to act as a live streaming server to a ps3
> client.
>
> I was wondering if there are any devs who may be interested in
> mentoring this effort and answering moronic questions I may have.
>
> The main questions I have to start with are which classes in mythtv
> I'd need to familiarize myself with in order to deal with upnp
> requests, accessing channel listings and controlling streaming from
> dvb cards.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan.

MythTV already has a uPNP server built in that your PS3 can access to
stream content. It's currently being work on and there are issues, but
it is certainly usable.

If you want to help, just go here and look for upnp on the page and
submit patches that do stuff you want it to do:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/