[mythtv] mythvideo DB enhancement

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Jan 3 20:13:05 UTC 2008

> I'm really against the forcing of unique filenames. I don't want to
> setup 55 storage groups for my dvd backups nor create a new one when I
> buy another dvd nor rename them away from what they are on the disk.

It is possible this isn't as bad as it sounds. For directories containing
VIDEO_TS we just store the directory. Now if everything were just dvd.avi,
well yes that would not work well.

>> [per-frontend video lists]
> Just so you are aware, this will break mythweb's mythvideo scanner.

It would only break it the same way it would break any scanning done on some
other frontend. The scan would naturally change to only alter those entries
matching the scanning host (or no host).

--
Anduin Withers