[mythtv] MythRecipe resurrection

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 01:55:40 UTC 2008

On Dec 30, 2007 10:11 AM, Kevin Wambsganz <wambs at verizon.net> wrote:
> So, I have the following questions for the MythTv community:
>

> Is there interest for this MythRecipe?

Yup.  A lot of interest from me.

> Are there any existing MyhtRecipe users out there? What do you like or
> dislike about the existing program?
> For MythTV users, what kind of things would you want in a Recipe program?

It would be a major disapointment if it wasn't a full featured recipe
program.  I would expect it to become the main source for my recipes.
I do not want to enter all these in only to find out that I'm severely
limited in what the plugin can do for me.  I would look around at all
the top recipe software availible and see what they can (and can't do)
and try to replicate that.  Import and export is a must, as well as a
web interface (if possible).  Several recipe softwares and websites
out there can export in certain formats... would be nice if they could
simply be imported in.  Also, with the limited ammount of stuff I've
done with recipe software, many of them are relatively extensible so
that you can add categories, etc.  Rating of recipes is also good,
because often times I'll want to put in recipes I've never tried, so
sometimes you get the winners and sometimes you get the losers.  Also,
all the other suggestions people mentioned alread.  I'm sure there's
more suggestions I have - but just getting the plugin working first
would be nice and let's go from there.

Thanks for taking this up!  I hope it becomes an official plugin
sooner rather than later (or never).  Third-party plugin's just aren't
worth the effort if you use SVN like I do.

Thanks!
Matt