[mythtv] Patch to autodetect 4:3 Zoom aspect ratio

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Feb 29 13:24:34 UTC 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008 12:34:54 Mårten Bohlin wrote:
> >  http://miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/letterbox_debug.jpg
> >
> >  This format generally works best with the 'Full' fill.
> >  --
> >  Stuart Morgan
>
> I understand you but I do not agree. Since I will only see half of my
> subtitle.

I can live with that format at half fill, even though it will still be
pillarboxed. The problem right now is that it's not even switching to half
fill. I'll take a look at the code though.

> But to make everybody happy I have made it possible to
> adjust where the detection lines should be in the latest version of my
> patch (detectLetterboxV4-21fixes.patch). But it is not possible to
> change this from the settings screen yet. So either add
> "DetectLetterboxLimit" to your settings table or on the command line.

I don't think we need a setting for this, it should be possible to pick good
values and build in some flexibility so that it works for 95% of cases. We
just need plenty of examples to build up these rules.

--
Stuart Morgan