[mythtv] Where is the player source located ...

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 05:47:24 UTC 2008

Hi

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Okay, I found when the problem was introduced.
>  Revision $14800 , the merge of ffmpeg SVN #10931 broke h264
>  streams.... It does allow mythtv to record them properly.
>
>  Will see how I can merge with a newer version of ffmpeg.

I've almost completed merging the latest version of ffmpeg. Running
the latest mplayer fixes most of the issues I've seen in the svn
#10931 used by mythtv.

The update of ffmpeg isn't a straight forward job unfortunately.
Several modifications were made to the ffmpeg code for mythtv. There
are no clear marker for those changes making it very difficult to
identify what is mythtv , what is ffmpeg.

I have tried to keep as many of the modifications as possible when the
demarcation between the original ffmpeg and the mythtv modified one
was clear enough but unfortunately, in many places the newer ffmpeg
has been modified radically and so changes aren't possible anymore.

Any particular reasons things have been done that way or are they
mainly fixes that once were added to ffmpeg to work within mythtv and
then forgotten about ... It's likely ffmpeg upstream made similar
fixes.

Can I just assume that the modifications made for mythtv are mainly
historical and can be dumped to use ffmpeg upstream as is ?
Re-starting would allow a much cleaner job and make things much easier
for the future if we want to continue enjoying fixes made by ffmpeg.

Thanks
Jean-Yves