[mythtv] Shoutcast patch ; the reports of it's death are greatly exaggerated

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:15:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Adolfo R. Brandes <arbrandes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Otto Kolsi <otto at kolsi.fi> wrote:
>  >  If there is interest to get this patch in, I'm willing to do some
>  >  testing either now beforehand or when it is in.
>
>  I would love to see Eskil's patch merged with trunk.  Like Otto, I had
>  to abandon it because it was too much work keeping up with other
>  changes.  I use softsqueeze in its place, but aside from it being an
>  ugly mother, the WAF would be much higher if everything were in one
>  place.
>
>  I also volunteer for testing as soon as it becomes necessary.

I've used Eskil's patch on and off since I've started using Myth. I
usually have to wait for him to update and then compile a build
closely after what he used to update the patch. When I do this it's
worked fine. It's not a perfect patch, there is definitely room for
improvement on getting options for stream caching, etc. and for
adding/editing streams, but the basics of it work quite well. Of
course all this can be resolved once the patch is part of the code in
SVN.

I'd be a big fan of this getting merged as well.

--
Steve