[mythtv] Recordings Sports Feature Wish/Development

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 04:34:12 UTC 2008

On 2/20/08, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> Also, do you extend recordings multiple times by creating new
> overrides each time?  That's not supported.  kSingleRecords and
> kOverrideRecords can only be extended by editing the ending time for
> the existing rule.  Doing it any other way can produce erratic
> results.

Yep this is exactly the problem.  MRE creates a new override everytime
it extends the recording.  So the first time it extends it by 5
minutes and it works fine.  I see this in the backend log:

2008-02-20 19:34:13.219 TVRec(2): updating recording: NHL Hockey 2465
Wed Feb 20 18:30:00 2008 Wed Feb 20 19:40:00 2008

The next time it extends it creates a new override and reschedules but
as you point out that doesn't work.  I don't see the "updating
message" in the log and the recording ends.

So to fix (I think) we have to alter the query that finds the rule for
a recording.  It currently gets the original rule.  Instead it needs
to find and update the override rule.

This query:

      $qry = "SELECT * FROM record WHERE recordid = $recordid";

needs to be changed to find the correct override for $recordid.  I am
thinking something like:

      select * from record where programid = $programid and parentid =
$recordid;

and if that is empty then use the original.  I'll work on it and see
how it works.  No more games to try it on tonight.