[mythtv] LastFM support in MythMusic

Eric ericgies at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Feb 10 14:00:58 UTC 2008

On 10 February 2008 14:20:10 Willem Ligtenberg wrote:
> Hi,
> Recently I thought that it would be nice to have LastFM support build
> into MythTV.
> Today I am starting on the quest of trying to add it to MythTV. Yes
> you have heart it right!
> So I started on the wiki and I have noticed that it is in the feature
> request for MythMusic.
> Now, I must admit I have not developed a MythTV plugin before, so I
> might ask for quite a bit of help, but I hope to get some help from
> the veterans out here.
> I will explain my ideas here:
> First of all, one should be able to set the username somewhere in the
> configuration screen.
> The the lastfm support should be in play music, but as it is now, it
> will go straight into a playlist.
> And at least with the version I am using, I think the way to edit the
> playlist is not very easy.
> So my idea would be to add another menu-item which would say play
> lastfm (or maybe play webradio?)
> Then if lastfm is concerned it would take you to another menu, from
> which you can choose:
> My playlist
> My Recommendations
> My radiostation
> My loved tracks
> My neighbourhood
> Specify other radio station by tag or artist
>
> after selection it will play the music and scrobble it, scrobbling
> might be turned of from configuration or during playback.
>
> So what do you think of these ideas?
> I hope that the learning will be easy :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Willem Ligtenberg

I'm working on LastFM integration for mythstream. Currently it can stream
stations (neighbourhood, recommendations, etc) and fetch and display album
art. Scrobbling and skipping tracks does work - with issues. Before
publishing, I want to resolve those issues, and connect using the new API
(using the old one).

Maybe we can work together on this feature?

Eric.