[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] Ticket #4588: Move StorageGroup to libmyth

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 5 19:50:18 UTC 2008

On 02/05/2008 02:38 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> I assume your forthcoming
> DB backup patch will depend on this right?
> I should time tonight to knock out some of my open 0.21 tickets, so I
> plan on trying to get this in tonight.

I can do it either way, so if you're hard pressed for time to commit 
this one, I'll just do it with StorageGroup in libmythtv.  Currently I'm 
working the patch with StorageGroup still in libmythtv so I can use svn 
diff, but it's easy enough to change the patch (I can even just edit the 
patch itself since it just changes the includes in a couple places) once 
StorageGroup is moved, so it doesn't really matter to me when it's 
committed.  (The only difference to me is one extra compile/run test if 
trunk changes after my initial testing.)

And, again, if there's reason to keep StorageGroup in libmythtv rather 
than libmyth (i.e. if my assumptions in the ticket are off), my DB 
backup stuff works either way.  As a matter of fact, I'm starting to 
wonder if the DB backup stuff would be more appropriate in libmythtv 
than in libmyth.  (I'm not exactly sure what criteria are used to make 
the decision.)


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list