[mythtv] mythplugin_destroy not firing

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Feb 5 11:05:31 UTC 2008

Scott McElveen wrote:
> I'm new to mythtv development, I'm developing a plugin to support remote program scheduling.  My plugin's init method opens a new server socket to which I pass :: seperated strings with data on what channel and time to record a show at (coming from a java client).  That all works fine, the problem comes when closing the frontend.  There is no code firing to close the socket, I've tested putting the server code in a new class and adding some cout to the destructor, and I've tried adding some cout to a mythplugin_destroy method.  Neither couts are shown.  Can anyone give me any pointers?  This causes problems when opening the frontend again, since the port cannot be bound again, it's already bound by the last instance which wasn't destroyed.
> Thanks in advance,
> Scott

Using mythplugin_destroy()  would be the way to do it. You just need to
include '#include <mythtv/mythpluginapi.h>' in your plugin and add the
mythplugin_destroy() function with your code to tidy things up. No idea
why it's not working for you. Is the plugin registered properly at
startup? Does your mythplugin_init() return 0 to indicate it was
initialized successfully?

Paul H.