[mythtv] Recordings Sports Feature Wish/Development

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:34:24 UTC 2008

David:

The answer to your first question is "yes, sort of".  The issue is
your word "scrape".  See NBA v. Motorola (you might find it here, but
they might ask for a login http://laws.findlaw.com/2nd/967975.html).
The deal was that so long as Motorola/STATS used one individual to
watch each game (therefore putting in their own effort to gather the
score and possession info), they weren't violating the NBA's rights.

The case is a little more complicated than that, but basically, there
is a way to take sports scores, aggregate the data and use it so long
as you invest the effort to  gather the data yourself.

George