[mythtv] Recordings Sports Feature Wish/Development

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:34:24 UTC 2008

The answer to your first question is "yes, sort of".  The issue is
your word "scrape".  See NBA v. Motorola (you might find it here, but
they might ask for a login http://laws.findlaw.com/2nd/967975.html).
The deal was that so long as Motorola/STATS used one individual to
watch each game (therefore putting in their own effort to gather the
score and possession info), they weren't violating the NBA's rights.

The case is a little more complicated than that, but basically, there
is a way to take sports scores, aggregate the data and use it so long
as you invest the effort to  gather the data yourself.