[mythtv] Recordings Sports Feature Wish/Development

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:01:21 UTC 2008

On 2/4/08, Jamie Schaffranek <panthers1788 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't believe I saw this anywhere else on a wishlist so I thought I
> might suggest it. I use my MythTv to do alot of recording sports. There is
> nothing worse than getting close to the end of a good close game and the
> MythTv stops recording because I didn't record long enough. I was thinking
> about it and thought that maybe something can be developed to guard
> against that. I thought that maybe what can be done is to use an internet
> source with sports scores that give the score and how much time is left,
> what period it is in, what quarter it is in, what inning it is in or
> whatever, and the mythTv will record until it says that the score is
> Final. I am a Software Developer and wouldn't mind trying to add this
> feature myself, but I don't know how to go about developing for MythTv. If
> you can tell me what you think about this idea, and if you think it is a
> good viable idea then if you could point me in the right direction for
> developing for the MythTv I would appreciate it.

I think a utility to do this exists. I can't get to the archives from
here, but try searching for something like MRE or Myth Recording
Extender. I've never tried it since I don't watch many sports, but I
think it's supposed to do what you're suggesting.

It would have been nice to have had something like that last night,
though, so that I wouldn't have only recorded the first 20 minutes of
House :/   oh well.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent