[mythtv] mythui

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Mon Feb 4 14:43:29 UTC 2008

2008/2/4, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com>:
> On 04/02/2008, Bert Haverkamp <bert at bertenselena.net> wrote:
>
> > How easy is it to put 0.20 and 0.21 side by side on one machine?
>
> Go on, take the plunge and go trunk, I double dare you ;-)

Hi Steve,

Sounds encouraging:-) Thanks, I will consider it!
 But please explain: What is the reason for trunk if it can't get
unstable occationally? Or are all extensions added without any bugs? I
would asume it goes through les stable periods occationally.
How often will my wife hate me for upgrading a trunk version of mythtv???

But seriously, I know I am not working on the edge of the
capabilities. But It is nice to have a mythtv system that is stable
for months without any bug-chasing. I would like to add some features
to it now, so I start learning the basic plugin skills.
0.21 seems to be nicely maturing. I saw a few posts hinting at end of
februari. That would be great. But I haven't seen a sort of freeze
plan, so I will just wait and see for the moment. But once 0.21 hits
the shelfs, I will move over my efforts to this release.

Bert