[mythtv] Problems building Win32 MythTV

Kevin Wambsganz wambs at verizon.net
Wed Dec 31 07:44:13 UTC 2008

Thanks for your help!!

I didn't see that trac ticket in the wiki, but I had already applied most of
them based on research. We need to add that ticket to the windows mythtv
wiki.

I did fixed that error by adding an include for the missing class. Once I
did that I got passed the error.

I updated the MythTv version I was building to the one matching what you
built using the command win32-packager.pl -r 19247 -u mythtv

But now I'm getting other errors.  I was getting compile errors for
MuteState not find out tv_play.cpp and a couple of other cpp files as well.
I could not find where this type is, so I ended up just commenting out the
code, which is not good.

In dbchannelInfo.cpp I had to add #include "libmythui/MythImage.h" because
it was not finding the MythImage for some reason.

Now I get the following error when I try to compile mhi.cpp

I'm thinking that the included paths for my env. is incorrect.
This is just too many errors, I going to give up. Windows MythTV is not
ready for me. Maybe when the patches are applied in trunk, I might try
again. This was just a nice to have.

C:/MinGW/include/io.h:179: warning: previous declaration of `int chmod(const
char*, int)'
mhi.cpp: In member function `virtual MHDLADisplay*
MHIContext::CreateDynamicLineArt(bool, MHRgba, MHRgba)':
mhi.cpp:782: error: cannot allocate an object of type `MHIDLA'
mhi.cpp:782: error:   because the following virtual functions are abstract:
../libmythfreemheg/freemheg.h:162: error:  virtual void
MHDLADisplay::DrawPoly(bool, const Q3PointArray&)
make[2]: *** [mhi.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmythtv'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythtv-make_default-ordered] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/mythtv/mythtv/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs-make_default-ordered] Error 2