[mythtv] Mythtv - lirc commands not functioning as expected

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:52:34 UTC 2008

2008/12/30 Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com>

> mlists at dressler.ca wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've been using trunk a long time but haven't really contributed to the
> list.
> > The reason I use trunk is 2 - fold I have an HD PVR and I am trying out
> the
> > VDPAU config.
> >
> > I have an RF keyboard and mouse that I've been using but recently
> purchased a
> > Logitech 550 universal.
> >
> > The problem I'm having is that on my keyboard I can enter a channel
> number in
> > the guide and it will jump to that location in the guide.  On the remote
> it
> > does not do this.  Its doing other functions like pgup and pgdn day
> forward
> > day back.  I have checked the 'jump to' box in the config.  In the same
> session
> > the keyboard numbers work for jump to.  Is this a bug with the LIRC
> > implementation or am I missing something in setup?  The lircrc file has
> the
> > same keystrokes assigned to the functions I use on the keyboard so it
> > definitely is odd.
> >
> > This happens in both VDPAU and normal modes (I realize the guide
> > implementations are different right now).
> >
> > My version info:
> > MythTV Version   : 19483
> > MythTV Branch    : trunk
> > Library API      : 0.22.20081222-1
> > Network Protocol : 43
> > QT Version       : 4.3.4
> > Options compiled in:
> >  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
> > using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr
> using_iptv
> > using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
> > using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
> > using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
> using_vdpau
> > using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg
> >
> > I didn't post a ticket because I don't know if its a bug or me yet :)
> >
> > Thx
> > Norm
> >

> This is a bug - I can reproduce the exact same behavior.
>
> The problem is when the custom event is processed for a lirc key press
> (mythmainwindow.cpp line 1517) the text variable only ever gets set if
> the keycode has a Qt::UNICODE_ACCEL modifier which never seems to be the
> case.  The result of this is the QKeyEvent that gets sent doesn't have
> the  text parameter set to anything so when the guide grid tries to
> convert it to an integer it always fails. QKeyEvents from the keyboard
> always have  the text set so that works  OK.
>
> A quick fix is to comment out line 1534 in mythmainwindow.cpp so that
> text always get set but don't know enough about this code to know what
> the consequences of this are. Anybody familiar with this code care to
> [...]

This bug has only happened very recently, thing is I can not tell you
exactly which SVN caused it however I suspect that it was around the same
time as the PIP changes occurred. My reasoning is that's when I found that I
can no longer directly enter in a channel number during live TV (annoying
PIP windows open instead) and had to start using the guide, finding that my
remote didn't let me jump there either.  Not the most helpful of emails I
grant  you...

--
Rafael C. Moslin-Palacios