[mythtv] Perfect sync to interlaced TVs

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Dec 30 12:08:12 UTC 2008

Mark Kendall wrote:
> A lot more testing later (and various discussions on the -users list),
> I realised that bobdeint does actually work consistently though
> picture quality can be degraded slightly due to the 'bobbing'. So I
> implemented a bobdeint without the bobbing.

I think I've just twigged what you mean by bobdeint without the bobbing.
Is that to present each field scaled up by a factor of two and
offset (half a pixel) so as to match it's intended
position on screen?  I still don't see how that would be a good
choice for playing PAL content into a SD PAL TV, but for display
on an LCD it should be superb, I'd have thought. I would have
thought anyone currently using bobdeint would see an improvement
from your method.

Cheers,
	Paul.