[mythtv] Mythtv - lirc commands not functioning as expected

mlists at dressler.ca mlists at dressler.ca
Mon Dec 29 14:20:47 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I've been using trunk a long time but haven't really contributed to the list.
The reason I use trunk is 2 - fold I have an HD PVR and I am trying out the
VDPAU config.

I have an RF keyboard and mouse that I've been using but recently purchased a
Logitech 550 universal.

The problem I'm having is that on my keyboard I can enter a channel number in
the guide and it will jump to that location in the guide.  On the remote it
does not do this.  Its doing other functions like pgup and pgdn day forward
day back.  I have checked the 'jump to' box in the config.  In the same session
the keyboard numbers work for jump to.  Is this a bug with the LIRC
implementation or am I missing something in setup?  The lircrc file has the
same keystrokes assigned to the functions I use on the keyboard so it
definitely is odd.

This happens in both VDPAU and normal modes (I realize the guide
implementations are different right now).

My version info:
MythTV Version   : 19483
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Library API      : 0.22.20081222-1
Network Protocol : 43
QT Version       : 4.3.4
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

I didn't post a ticket because I don't know if its a bug or me yet :)

Thx
Norm