[mythtv] OSD missing

jam jam at tigger.ws
Mon Dec 29 13:32:50 UTC 2008

On Monday 29 December 2008 21:00:02 mythtv-dev-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> > I'm running some SuSE 11.1 frontend systems. I downloaded the packman rpm
> > but found quite a noticable audio delay when skipping, so ...
> >
> > I built .21-fixes from svn and everything works perfectly, however ...
> >
> > 1 system (and ONLY that system) has no OSD. Pause, Info etc work, but
> > display nothing.
> > mythtvosd displays nothing although the socket is enabled and listening.
> >
> > Both strace and -v all show nothing that looks suspicious.
> > All the hardware is similar, various AMD X2, with nvidia graphics.
> >

> Try changing your OSD Theme.  (Make sure you change the OSD Theme, not
> the Theme.
>
> > Can anybody point me in a direction to be looking at?
> >

> Should be looking at mythtv-users mailing list.  ;)  (Please respond
> there if you have additional questions or if my suggestion doesn't work.)

Mike
the obvious, I've tried changing themes, also since I've done 10 or so
frontends the same way that DO work, I'm certain that the users list can't
tell me anything. After all this is not a user problem! What I was asking was
for any pointers to where-n-how the OSD code works. Myth is a pretty big pool
to jump into when someone who knows can say 'deep end on the left'
Thanks
James