[mythtv] OSD missing

jam jam at tigger.ws
Mon Dec 29 01:45:19 UTC 2008

Hi

I'm running some SuSE 11.1 frontend systems. I downloaded the packman rpm but
found quite a noticable audio delay when skipping, so ...

I built .21-fixes from svn and everything works perfectly, however ...

1 system (and ONLY that system) has no OSD. Pause, Info etc work, but display
nothing.
mythtvosd displays nothing although the socket is enabled and listening.

Both strace and -v all show nothing that looks suspicious.
All the hardware is similar, various AMD X2, with nvidia graphics.

Can anybody point me in a direction to be looking at?

Thanks
James