[mythtv] Video Profiles

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 19:51:21 UTC 2008

Hello Devs,

While I dont have the ability to code it myself I was wondering what
your thoughts were on extending video profiles.

With the addition of VDPAU (hopefully will be stable by next releases)
I see a very good extension of profiles.  Currently,  profiles work by
separating video based on resolution.  Would it be possible to make it
sort by res + codec?  This would give the ability to use VDPAU for
HD-PVR recordings but keep Xv for Mpeg2.

Just wanted to bounce the idea before posting to feature requests wiki
and see if maybe this is in the works.

Thanks,

--
Mitchell