[mythtv] Segfault changing channels using HDPVR and SuSe 11.0

Kevin Wambsganz wambs at verizon.net
Sun Dec 14 05:04:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm running SuSe 11.0 with mythfrontend and backend version: trunk [19188].

The SuSe OS version is 2.6.25.16-0.1-default #1 SMP 2008-08-21 00:34:25
+0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have updated to the latest HDPVR drivers and I updated the HDPVR device
firmware to the latest from the Hauppauge site.

I can click on "Watch TV" and watch the default channel, but anytime I
change the channel on the same HDPVR tuner, I get a segfault. This has
happened ever since I updated my HDPVR with the 5.1 firmware and the updated
HDPVR drivers. Previously it worked OK with PCM 2 channel.

Attached is the GDB output compiled with debugging.

Please help. I don't know what's going on with this. This has made my system
very unstable.

Thanks,

Kevin