[mythtv] MythFlix Perl script & user credentials storage

Kevin K mythtv at oracleguy.net
Fri Dec 12 04:04:04 UTC 2008

The Netflix API is a good idea, I had not considered that. Some information
on the API authentication can be found here:
http://developer.netflix.com/docs/Security and this is interesting:
http://developer.netflix.com/docs/Common_Tasks

I'd say this is certainly the direction the plugin should be taken since
using the API is the approved way from Netflix. Should the API calls be
written into the plugin in C++ or should it be part of a separate script
such as an external Perl script? Regardless of that, I this is the front I
will proceed on.

There is a snag with some of their terms of service:
http://developer.netflix.com/docs/Branding The name of the plugin might be
an issue, I can add in the required logo without issue (I hope). I will send
an email to Netflix to see if the current name is acceptable, perhaps since
it is FOSS it will be ok.