[mythtv] mythtv commit: r19276 - in trunk/mythplugins/mythvideo by stuart

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 14:32:20 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 13:50:03 Bill Stewart wrote:
> Thanks Stuart just what I was hoping for, I'll try it out.
>
> Could you give some info on implementing the user rating with stars?

The following is what metallurgy is now using. The key here, in case you might
be wondering why each rating level is a separate image compared to the
repeating image used in the old ui (mythmusic) is to allow any representation
to be used, including text.

Some ideas to get everyone started:
 * Stars (with different colours for different ratings e.g. Bronze, Silver,
Gold)
 * Simply the numbers 1-5 maybe with some accompanying image/colour scheme
 * Thumbs up/down
 * Single star (or other image) which gets larger the better the film
 * Clap boards or any image instead of stars
 * Animated image for 5 star films
 * 'Good', 'Bad', 'Ugly'
 * Or your own choice of text - 'Awesome' through to 'Cr*p'

<statetype name="userratingstate">
    <position>120,106</position>
    <state name="1">
        <imagetype name="stars">