[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r19265 - in trunk/mythtv by paulh

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Dec 7 20:30:01 UTC 2008

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Sunday 07 December 2008 9:36:42 am mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>
>>       Author: paulh
>>         Date: 2008-12-07 14:36:42 +0000 (Sun, 07 Dec 2008)
>> New Revision: 19265
>>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19265
>>
>> Modified:
>>
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythdb/mythversion.h
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythdialogbox.cpp
>>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythdialogbox.h
>>    trunk/mythtv/themes/default-wide/base.xml
>>    trunk/mythtv/themes/default/base.xml
>>

> Noticed there were some try/catch stuff in here.  I generally don't like this
> in core code, since it lessens portability - embedded stuff usually disables
> exceptions.  Mind reworking this to not use exceptions?
>
> Isaac

Sure if you insist but MythGallery and MythVideo have used try/catch for
a long time now without anyone complaining! I did look at other
solutions before settling on the try/catch block but it's the most
elegant solution to the problem which is why I chose it. I suppose it
could be changed to pass a flag to the Get* functions?

Paul H.