[mythtv] Win32-Packager fails to compile QT4 (Was: Win32 port fails to compile Freetype)

and.mayer at aon.at and.mayer at aon.at
Wed Dec 3 14:55:31 UTC 2008

Michel,

Michel Meyers wrote:
>1. manually getting fftw-3.1.2 (It\'s still available on their FTP site
but no longer at the link that the packaging script uses.)
>2. patch the double/inline problem mentioned above.
>3. patch sspi.h to add \'#include <subauth.h>\' on line 11.
I\'m now back at mingw 5.1.4 too.
What I had to change:
1. Replaced fftw-3.1.2 by 3.2 in packager perl script.
2. Update stdlib.h to __inline__
See http://www.nabble.com/new-error-with-latest-cvs-stdlib.h-td19821027.html
3. Include subauth.h in sspi.h, use #ifndef __INTERLOCKED_DECLARED in qatomic_windows.h
See http://www.nabble.com/Problem-compile-Qt-4.4.2-with-latest-w32api-td19592075.html
4. Change <qt_src>plugins\\sqldrivers\\mysql\\mysql.pro to use -lmysql instead of -llibmysql

That\'s basically the same you\'ve found found out, after making those changes I was able to start with mythtv compilation.

For mythtv and plugins I had to do the following in addition to changes I\'ve made before:
1. Update sched.h (#typedef int pid_t;)
See http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pthreads/sched.h.diff?r1=1.16&r2=1.17&cvsroot=pthreads-win32&f=h
2. Disable declaration of usleep in libs/libmythdb/compat.h because usleep is declared in unistd.h
3. Include unistd.h in mythgallery/iconview.cpp and mythmusic/playbackbox.cpp because of usleep.
4. Disable cdaudio in mythmusic because of unresolved externals readlink, ...
5. Add -lwsock32 in mythmusic.pro

For my error during watching live tv and recordings I had to change the StretchRect call in videoout_d3d.cpp to use filter D3DTEXF_NONE instead of D3DTEXF_LINEAR, I supect because the driver for my graphics card does not support that filter?

So currently I\'m able to use mythtv r18962 for watching live tv and recordings, but none of the plugins do work until now. In the past I was already able to use mythmusic and mythgallery.

BTW: Mythgallery plugin was unable to load because libexif-12.dll was missing in the install package.
qsqlmysqld4.dll was missing in the install package as well.
I had to move all plugins from bin\\mythtv\\plugins to lib\\mythtv\\plugins.

Since it wrote that all down (nearly) out of my mind it may well be that I have not told all that I had to change ;-)

My next steps will be (if time allows):
Finding out why mythmusic and mythgallery stopped working.
Fix the errors during compilation of SDL and libvisual.
Libavcodec complains that the compiler did not align stack variables and one should try using gcc >= 4.2