[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r19216 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Dec 3 14:22:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 21:57 -0800, Anduin Withers wrote:
> >       Author: danielk
>  >         Date: 2008-12-02 21:01:05 +0000 (Tue, 02 Dec 2008)
>  > New Revision: 19216
>  >    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19216
>  > [...]
>  > Partial port of mtd to Qt4. (Q3Socket and Q3Process stuff remains.)
>
> If you let it remain a little longer I can push what I've already done
> to trunk. I had all Qt 4 changes locally just needed more time to fix
> the dbus addition before committing.

I'm not committing anything more until tonight. But I already have the
QTcpServer/QSocket and QProcess conversion done & tested locally, the
code just needs to be cleaned up. The socket porting was pretty simple
and gets rid of the need for the MTDServerSocket class. Using QProcess
was a little more involved, I had to actually enter the Qt event loop
in DVDTranscodeThread::runTranscode() and add a timerEvent() method to
handle the status updates and to initiate the exit from the event loop.
If you don't enter the Qt event loop tc_process doesn't read the output
from the transcode command for updating the transcode progress bar (at
least not when you want it to).

-- Daniel