[mythtv] Live transcode while recording

Travis Bell travisbell at me.com
Tue Dec 2 02:54:44 UTC 2008

> The reason flash isn't on the iphone is a business limitation, not a
> technical limitation.

I don't believe this to be entirely true. It is partly, but not
entirely.

First (and the biggest), Flash runs like a DOG on OS X compared to
Windows and since the iPhone OS is OS X, the Flash player is nowhere
near optimized for a micro device like the iPhone.

Second, the iPhone being a touch screen device as it is, the user
interface doesn't really accommodate to things like hover states very
easily. Since a lot of Flash based content relies on this, using these
sites would be a true nightmare on the iPhone.

I don't wanna call anything in regards to what Adobe will do or not
but if I was to bet, it will be a long time before we see Flash on the
iPhone.

Anyways, that was just a side note... feel free to resume the
discussion :-P

--
Travis Bell