[mythtv] Compile error in mythbrowser..

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Aug 30 20:02:22 UTC 2008

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 29 August 2008 12:33:43 pm Damian O'Sullivan wrote:
>
>> `BookmarkManager::slotBookmarkClicked(MythUIButtonListItem*)':
>> /home/damian/SVN/trunk/mythplugins/mythbrowser/mythbookmarkmanager/bookmark
>> manager.cpp:385: undefined reference to `MythBrowser::slotOpenURL(QString
>> const&)'
>>

> Same error here (first I've compiled SVN in a while).

Nearly missed this because the thread was started in the middle of
another one :-(

I think the untested patch attached should fix this. Strangely it's
working fine here without that patch.

> Is there any reason mythbrowser is compiled as a separate app, and not a
> plugin?

I did think about making it a plugin but  wasn't sure how stable the
webkit stuff was so I though it was safer to make it a separate app so
if it does crash occasionally it wont bring the FE down with it (lesson
learned there from the libvisual stuff). The
other question is how to run the browser plugin from MythNews - if it's
a separate app its easy. If it's a problem I can look at making it a
plugin.

> Isaac

Paul H.