[mythtv] Patches in Ubuntu Intrepid

Paul Kendall paul at kcbbs.gen.nz
Thu Aug 28 04:58:17 UTC 2008

On Thursday 28 August 2008 09:15:28 Michael Haas wrote:
> Janne Grunau wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 August 2008 22:53:24 Michael Haas wrote:
> >> * 25_skiploop_option.dpatch: pulled from
> >> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4653 - won't be committed as it is
> >> now.
> >
> > Have you looked at the patch? Fix at least the obvious bug and move the
> > skiploop setting from the threads if ()
>
> It's not that obvious to me. I'd appreciate a pointer.
>
> >> * 27_latm_audio.dpatch: pulled from
> >> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5487 - doesn't look too dangerous.
> >
> > Are you sure the patch alone helps? AFAIK ffmpeg needs also latm
> > support.
>
> You're right. I'll drop that patch now. It probably needs this patch as
> well:
> http://pkendall.homeip.net/wp/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.
>php?id=1

Yes, you need my patch for ffmpeg LATM support.
I have sent this to the ffmpeg devel list and Rob is think how to get it into
the new AAC code. Probably as a demuxer but we aren't sure if you can have
nested demuxers.

I will however continue to maintain my patches until such time as everything
is included so that NZ DVB-T works out of the box.

> Thanks for the feedback. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers,
Paul