[mythtv] How to join the mythTV team?

John J.H. van Timmeren vantimmeren at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 10:55:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

I would like to join you guys in developing mythTV by programming and
improving the manual. I'm a experienced programmer in Java and C# on windows
platforms. My C/C++ skills are a little outdated, but a little reading will
fix that. What would be the best way to get started coding, testing and
running mythtv? Are there instructions about this?

About the manual: I think its important to have a good manual and
documentation to get a larger end-user and developer-base, the more people
use MythTV and help maintain the code and skins the longer the project will
grow and stay alive.

I believe the wiki based MythTV-manual is the way to go to get maximum help
from users(although this always seems a little disappointing). Is there
someone in particular responsible for the quality of the wiki-manual? If not
can I volunteer for that task?

Regards, John