[mythtv] Mythtv use with Multiproto...

Jochen Kühner Privat jochen.kuehner at gmx.de
Thu Aug 21 08:56:50 UTC 2008

I've found a hack for newest Mythtv to work with the Multiproto API.

But it only works with and old Version of the Multiproto Drivers wich not
compile with the newest kernel.

So I changed the patch from

+						struct dvbfe_info fe_info;
+						bzero(&fe_info,
sizeof(fe_info));
+
+						if
(DTVModulation::kModulation8PSK == tuning.modulation)
+						{
+							fe_info.delivery =
DVBFE_DELSYS_DVBS2;
+						}
+						else
+						{
+							fe_info.delivery =
DVBFE_DELSYS_DVBS;
+						}
+						if (ioctl(fd_frontend,
DVBFE_GET_INFO, &fe_info) < 0)
+						{
+
VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, LOC_ERR + "Tune(): " +
+                        "DVBFE_GET_INFO failed." + ENO);
+                return false;
+						}

To this:

+						struct dvbfe_info fe_info;
+						dvbfe_delsys delsys;
+						bzero(&fe_info,
sizeof(fe_info));
+
+						if
(DTVModulation::kModulation8PSK == tuning.modulation)
+						{
+							delsys =
DVBFE_DELSYS_DVBS2;
+						}
+						else
+						{
+							delsys =
DVBFE_DELSYS_DVBS;
+						}
+						ioctl(fd_frontend,
DVBFE_SET_DELSYS, &delsys);
+						if (ioctl(fd_frontend,
DVBFE_GET_INFO, &fe_info) < 0)
+						{
+
VERBOSE(VB_IMPORTANT, LOC_ERR + "Tune(): " +
+                        "DVBFE_GET_INFO failed." + ENO);
+                return false;
+						}

Is this right what I did, or is it worng (Mythtv compiles after this change,
and tuning seams to be possible)