[mythtv] Wiki clean up

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 13:59:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 7:17 AM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 09:31:18PM -0500, Mitch Gore wrote:
>> Some pages I have read are severely outdated or irrelevance in todays
>> distributions, such as,
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_on_an_Athlon64_using_Fedora_Core
>>
>> 64 bit OS's have been around for a while, there is not information in
>> this wiki that is helpful or relevant.  What should I do with this?
>>
>> A) move it to a "soon to be deleted" category?
>> B) Detele it.  (do i needs permissions to do this?)
>> C) Leave it
>> D) Other (see comment)
>
> It may not be relevant to you, but eventually, it may be relevant to
> someone.  I would put it in an "Obsolescent" category, possibly by
> building a template box for the top of the article that notes that the
> content may have been superceded and adds the category, and just leave
> it there.

is there a central point of contact or wiki manager that changes like
this should be funneled through?
i'm still building out an HD capable system and would like to
add/amend info on the wiki once i get things working, but i also don't
want to step on anybody's toes.  i understand the principle of a wiki
and how it works, but things in our little Myth world don't always
follow other 'norms'...

--
Andrew Close