[mythtv] MythUI porting

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 09:35:34 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 09:50:21 Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > I've already toyed with ideas for the language prompt i.e. making it a
> > fully themable screen so we can do fun stuff like this:
> > http://www.miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/language_selection2.png
>
> Probably a small and trivial point but it's much more common to use the
> Union Jack for the "English" language selection rather than the St.
> George Cross. (It's referred to as "*British* English" in most
> dictionaries (due to the American embrace and extend policy ;)) and St
> George is the patron saint of England, not Britain)
>
> Such things can offend some people.

I'm one of those people ;)

The default image can be the Union Flag if people want, but I'll be using the
George Cross in my themes. It's English, not Britlish or British English.
Next we'll be using the European flag and calling it European English!

The Welsh flag would be used for Welsh, the Irish Flag for Irish Gaelic,
Scottish Flag for Scottish Gaelic and Cornish flag ... well you get the
point.
--
Stuart Morgan